Friday, September 11, 2009

VoiceThread for High School Mathematics

Upon reflection of my experience with VoiceThread, I feel that it is a great tool available for teachers. It allows students to make comments or give responses to problems they may be having within the course. Since I am a high teacher, I feel that I can use this tool as a tutorial for students who may be absent from my class. I can post a lesson explaining what I covered in class during school that day, and if a student was absent, he/she can get online and work through the tutorial so that they will not be so far behind when they return to my class. It can also be used as a reteaching or support tool for students when they are at home. If a student is working on an assignment and cannot remember how to work through a given situation, then they can access the tutorial of the lesson which can help them understand where they are getting lost and explore other areas of the math with which they are working. I think that this is a great tool, and will be very inclined to use it in the future as a means to reaching my students when they are not at school, but can still use some assistance or guidance.

2 comments:

  1. It was very interesting how shaky your students' voice seemed to be. I would not think that high school students would get so nervous about recording themseleves. I do like your idea of using VoiceThread as a tutorial or remedial device for your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Krista. I even had some of my students cry. Your tutorial was excellent. It will be a wonderful tool for you to use during your assessment of whether or not your students truly understood a concept. If they can teach it, then they know it.

    ReplyDelete