Saturday, September 26, 2009

ComicLife Reflection

ComicLife is a program that is a great asset to any teacher. ComicLife can be used in multiple ways. It can be used to tell a story, to build a graphic organizer, or it can be used to design a flyer. If a student is a given an assignment that encourages them to describe a process or to tell a story, then ComicLife can be used to grasp their attention and keep them motivated. ComicLife has many capabilities that students can explore. This gives students the ability to show creativity and use “outside-the-box” thinking. ComicLife can be used to capture the attention of students who may be less inclined to do a certain project. Many students gravitate to projects when they get to use technology and demonstrate their creative abilities.

ComicLife can also be used to generate very attractive graphic organizers. Students who use graphic organizers as a tool to process and understand new material will find endless advantages with ComicLife. Graphic organizers are used by many visual learners because they give students information about the process involved with new material. Being a high school mathematics teacher, I use graphic organizers a lot. I plan to use ComicLife in my classroom to help reach students who may be struggling with a new concept.

ComicLife can also be used to design flyers. Walking around my school, I see flyers around every corner, but they are always so plain. If the flyer was drafted within ComicLife, then it could bring some life to the flyer and capture the attention of more people. The whole idea around a flyer is to capture someone’s attention. If ComicLife is used to design a flyer, then audiences will be drawn toward the flyer and will possibly bring more individuals to the event advertised.

1 comment:

  1. I love your ComicLife sample. I know if I was one of your students and I was handed that paper I would love to complete the assignment. I bet you will definitely use this tool more often. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete