Monday, November 16, 2009

Blogging as a Tool for Teaching and Learning

Throughout this semester, we have been able to keep an ongoing blog about our experiences in the classroom and with new technology for the classroom. I feel that my experience with blogging has been beneficial. It has introduced me to a new form of communication with other teachers and students. I think it can be used as a great learning tool. The blog can be used by the teacher and students to remain in constant contact, which allows them to collaborate and ensure that students are getting every question they have answered. If students are using the blog, then it forces them to present their understanding of material in written form, which demonstrates that the student comprehends what is being asked and is able to communicate their interpretation. One thing that surprised me about blogging is how many educators actually blog. I have never been one to blog, but after this experience, I am far more inclined to continue blogging. It provides me with a means of communication with several other individuals in education. It also allows others to present further information about material that is being covered in class. These situations can begin to introduce students to new ideas and enhance their learning possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment